BKK airport --> Hotel, just hop in a taxi or hit the train?

Hiya guys

myself and one of my friends will be arriving in BKK this Sunday, so just trying to do some final research. we Will be arriving in the evening so I'm assuming hopping in a cab would be the handiest option as there shouldn't be much traffic on the roads.

I have seen a few videos on youtube suggesting to avoid the 'taxi mafia' and get a cab from departures on the upper level of the airport. is this off any benefit? and what would you expect the fare to be for two people. Staying very close to Nana Plaza.

thank you for your help

Hiya guys

myself and one of my friends will be arriving in BKK this Sunday, so just trying to do some final research. we Will be arriving in the evening so I'm assuming hopping in a cab would be the handiest option as there shouldn't be much traffic on the roads.

I have seen a few videos on youtube suggesting to avoid the 'taxi mafia' and get a cab from departures on the upper level of the airport. is this off any benefit? and what would you expect the fare to be for two people. Staying very close to Nana Plaza.

thank you for your help

Taxis at airport should use the meter.

Go to ticket machine go to bay number printed on it and as soon as the driver pulls up tell him meter.

To Nana budget approx. 350THB which includes tolls (75) and airport fee (50)

ARL / BTS will be about 65THB each

As to which will be quickest option it depends on time of day and also the weather, rain produces grid lock around Nana area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

If you arrive anytime between 4pm and 7pm then traffic will be a nightmare - I would suggest using the airport rail link as it will avoid the hassle.  If you are staying at nana then take it all the way in and switch to the local BTS for the 3 stations in between

If you dont mind to walk a little and carry your luggage around or have more spare time, i say hit the airport railway.

If not, take a meter taxi as what others suggested

• 11 months later...

Hello all, 

Thanks for posting this topic. I arrive on a Friday night at about 10pm. Would you advise taking the ARL or a taxi at that time of night on a Friday? 

Depends on which airport you are arriving at - BKK or DMK and location of your hotel.

DMK then Taxi but as the original topic is about BKK then tha's where I am assuming you are arriving.

If arrival time is 10 PM then I'd expect about an hour before you are actually leaving the airport at best.

ARL and BTS close around midnight so you need to time it right.

If it's your first time to BKK then I'd take a taxi just for the ease of it.

Depends on which airport you are arriving at - BKK or DMK and location of your hotel.

DMK then Taxi but as the original topic is about BKK then tha's where I am assuming you are arriving.

If arrival time is 10 PM then I'd expect about an hour before you are actually leaving the airport at best.

ARL and BTS close around midnight so you need to time it right.

If it's your first time to BKK then I'd take a taxi just for the ease of it.

Thanks, yes I am arriving at BKK. And its not my first time, (2nd actually) but Ill plan on taking a taxi. Thanks.