Pan Tip Plaza (Electronics Mall), Anyone ever been?

Don't know why but I'm bored during the day in Bangkok and Ter 21 doesn't have much beside clothes and a food court.  Wondering if anyone has gone to this mall, if it's safe to buy as I've read they sell fakes and pirated stuff.

Just wondering if it's worth my sweat in the subway to do it.

If anyone is interested, is in the Ter 21 area, wants to split a cab, PM me.

Was thinking about looking at a new tablet.

Its been a while but they have a decent food court and stuff is cheap.  Lots of knock offs, you have to know what your looking for.

They will barter.

Software has been known to not work if you get it back home.

I thought prices for laptops are best in the USA or online.  Prolly not worth yur sweat.

Well worth a look. Know your prices if you are after something specific.

All the PC s and camera gear looks good. Also a lot of knock off speakers, game controllers etc.

I’ve never taken games from there but all the DVDs have been good.

Also lots of man toys like drones.

Good for consumables like sd cards

The can fix broken screens and things on the spot pretty cheap.

I generally walk from Nana area. Hop between malls to keep cool and the raised walkway makes it easy.

Pantip is great for PC stuff and mobiles. Cheap parts and peripherals. Oh some photography gear.  

For games go to MBK, legit and non legit console games. I didn't see any PC software that was legit.

I like the food courts at MBK better, the ones at Pantip are varied, kinda so so. But then again it is an IT mall predominantly. 

Edited by birdhaus

I have not been to pantip since late 2016 but it is a shell of what it used to be. But maybe its filled in by now with new tenants. Almost all the bootleg stuff as gone. A lot of the good tenants were gone. I much rather go to fortune town at Rama 9 and a lot easier to get to from term 21. It also full of girls from the massage places and from uni after 4pm which pantip never is. Good place to hang out at for an afternoon. Lots of pc and mac repair places also. I stopped going to pantip after finding fortune town mall. The food court sucks just basic food but Rama 9 mall across the street has all the food options you could want and lots of girls and expats

• Upvote 1

It is clear what is fake stuff. The branded stores are genuine, as is the branded components the PC builder shops supply. I got an Intel CPU, RAM, an MSI main board and an MSI GPU from Jib store there. All genuine, and the same models available at home. Good professional service. Felt like a safe buy. Was slightly cheaper compared to home, and also got the VAT refunded at the airport.

Check out www.jib.co.th for product catalogue and prices.

As for the experience of the mall, it is nothing special.

I’ve been several times to Pantip and found it to be good, especially for camera accessories. There’s also another mall just down the road that houses clothing wholesalers with good quality clothing and low prices. I’ve since discovered that this is where many market stall holders buy their stock from. Great tip about Fortune Town westexpat3, I’ll head there next trip.

I’ve been several times to Pantip and found it to be good, especially for camera accessories. There’s also another mall just down the road that houses clothing wholesalers with good quality clothing and low prices. I’ve since discovered that this is where many market stall holders buy their stock from. Great tip about Fortune Town westexpat3, I’ll head there next trip.

Pretty sure that clothing mall you mentioned is called Platinum. 

Great for getting stuff repaired, and honest too ime. I actually got directed to the official manufacturer repair outlet when the usual places there could not get part to fix a laptop as it was too new. The kicker was the manufacturer place couldn't get the part either 555.

• 2 months later...