Bars that run golf trips

xdrt33

Well, I played Kantarat a couple of weeks ago - and it was a hoot!

My mate drove down from Issan with his and a spare set of clubs. We met up at Mo Chit and drove to Don Muang (about half hour to get there). It's not particularly easy to find as the road system there is a real maze. It's a Thai Airforce base, with armed guards on the gate. Note that you need to show your passport when paying the green fee (1200 bht with cart). No photography is allowed.

Playing there is certainly an experience of a lifetime. The course is in between the two runways. Planes are continually taking off on one and landing on the other. There is a plane taxiway running right through the course! Golfer crossing is controlled by traffic lights (no-one jumped the lights here!). We thought that being on an airport, that there would not be much water, but in fact there is water on every hole. Not the most accomplished round of golf I ever played, due to all the distractions, borrowed clubs etc. Would not have missed it for the world though.

One final comment. The article above suggests that the caddies are looking for a barfine. We saw no evidence of this. My mate's caddy was quite old, and mine, though younger, was not really BF material. The was none of the usual sexy banter you often get on Thai courses.

• 3 weeks later...

Here is the Kantarat card. Note all the water!

Kantarat card.jpg

Another thing I forgot to mention above - your golf bags and anything else you take onto the course is put through an airport type scanner.

Just got my first result on a parallel thread I'm running on Patts Addicts.

The Kiwi Bar Sukumvit Soi 8 runs golf trips! Am investigating further :)

Here's the link:   http://www.thekiwibangkok.com/

I called in at the Kiwi bar during my recent BKK visit.

There was no white board outside - no evidence of golf outings.

Indeed, I didn't see a single bar in Nana or SC areas which advertised golf trips.

Surely a business opportunity there for someone??

• Like 1