Rooms for disabled - near Nana

Have got a few days stopover in Bangkok.

But I have broken my leg and am using crutches. I should cancel.

However I thought fuck it why not see if I can grab a disabled room and get in-calls booked.

I love the Nana area. Does anyone know of a hotel that has disabled friendly rooms?

I need a separate shower (prefer no bath), a seat to sit while showering, and handrails.

I have emailed Majestic Grande but no response yet.

Usually I stay at Majestic Suites, but they have showers over baths, and huge steps at the entry.

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers

PS - oh and if anyone is out and about NP next week and could help a brother out I will buy you a beer or two!

Accessibility Features is a filter option when searching the booking sites. At least on hotels and Agoda. I think hotels has the most accurate one, but low budget hotels will probably have a fairly wide interpretation of accessibility. International brand hotels will probably be more professional when dealing with you request. Use the search filter, find an branded hotel and send them a mail.

Park Plaza Soi 18 (not to be confused with Park Plaza Sukhumvit) have a small stool in the shower that you can move around (see pic below). Showers are spacious as well. Being an international brand, maybe they can provide you with a real shower chair as well. Park Plaza does not have any steps that I can remember, and they have a tuk tuk that will take you to the main road, alternatively there are taxies passing by every 3 min on that soi.

Good luck!

Showers in Park Plaza 18. Stool can be seen in the glare just under the door handle.

executive-king-room--v3290393.jpg

Accessibility Features is a filter option when searching the booking sites. At least on Hotels and Agoda. I think Hotels has the most accurate one, but low budget hotels will probably have a fairly wide interpretation of accessibility. International brand hotels will probably be more professional when dealing with you request. Use the search filter, find an branded hotel and send them a mail.

Park Plaza Soi 18 (not to be confused with Park Plaza Sukhumvit) have a small stool in the shower that you can move around (see pic below). Showers are spacious as well. Being an international brand, maybe they can provide you with a real shower chair as well. Park Plaza does not have any steps that I can remember, and they have a tuk tuk that will take you to the main road, alternatively there are taxies passing by every 3 min on that soi.

Good luck!

Showers in Park Plaza 18. Stool can be seen in the glare just under the door handle.

attachicon.gifexecutive-king-room--v3290393.jpg

Wonderful advice and photos. Your help is much appreciated!

If you see a big man hobbling around Nana next week, say hello!

Cheers

• 1 month later...