Why don't people use airbnb more?

I think I’d feel a little more awkward bringing a girl back to an airbnb.  I’m not exactly sure why that bothers me,bit does.  Any policies about guests coming back to an airbnb?

Ask the owner, or whoever posted the listing on AirBnB. For the most part, as long as you are not running hordes of girls (3 and 4 at the same time), most places with security at the entrance are okay with guests. But it really depends on the property and you should ask the owner before you book. 

• 2 months later...

I do both in BKk. Hotel and airbnb. Each have advantages. But for bringing sluts back to the room, hotels are usually better. Unless you hunt amatuers....then you can say you live in BKK and then they dont feel so slutty fucking you on first meeting.

Sometimes hotels can reject you if you bring a girl.  Airbnb's can't.  That's another reason I like airbnb more.

I'm paying about $30 per night for an apartment with a washing machine, couch, tv, king size bed, balcony, bathroom, and pool. Before hitting this spot, I was paying $46 per night at a hotel that was smaller and had less amenities, and the location wasn't even as great.

How close is it to Nana?

Ask the owner, or whoever posted the listing on AirBnB. For the most part, as long as you are not running hordes of girls (3 and 4 at the same time), most places with security at the entrance are okay with guests. But it really depends on the property and you should ask the owner before you book. 

It usually says in the description how many guests are allowed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've just booked three weeks in an airbnb. the room is huge and well appointed king bed with a seperate sitting room, pool a/c all the things you'd expect. 450m from nana. I enquired about having the room serviced and was told to inform the reception desk on arrival and they will ensure its done up to twice a week no extra charge. extra for daily.

overal its way better value than hotels.

I have a mate who works for Airbnb (corporate office) , 

the most common complaints he gets from airbnb users is that they dont receive the same service as that of a hotel. i.e Clean sheets everyday and new towels (or even spare ones to replace used ones)  

so keep in mind; when you do stay at a hotel, you get clean bedsheets, clean towels etc. With an Airbnb you only get maybe two sets? and the convenience factor of room service etc. 

I enjoy using Airbnb, but usually when i travel to Japan, South Korea, and with a group of mates - use the lounge/ kitchen area to drink up. But when it comes to Solo travel i feel hotels are superior because of the above.   

• 2 weeks later...

Just look at the listings on Airbnb. Plenty offer free daily cleaning and towel change. Otherwise pay for this service as the cost compared to a hotel still works out cheaper. I like Airbnb for the fact that it’s private and generally in a residential complex with little or no noise from drunken guests. Only downside is no room service or breakfast but with services like Uber eats, this is easily solved and you can have a variety of food not offered by most hotels. Just need to be more security conscious though as the is only a watch person on the outside of the building who I not sure would be if much help if you get into trouble

• 4 months later...
On 8/20/2018 at 12:52 PM, davvvid said:

Because why stay in an apartment where you have to clean the place up by yourself, sheets and towels are not changed, room service is not available, breakfast must be handled by yourself and you never know if the place is actually good (compared to hotels where you have TripAdvisor, etc)

Also outlandish is right, minimum is 30 days for rental of apartments. If the jurisdict of the condo finds out, they may contact the owner, and you might have to find a new place to stay.

I live in Bangkok, so for me it’s cheaper and makes more sense to have my own place and thus I rent a condo, but if and when I travel to Bangkok on holiday, it’s only hotels for me. Although have booked a service apartment before though that’s also practically a hotel.

i prefer the cleaners only clean my room once very 3-4 days, i hate the feeling of new sheets on my bed. ill sometimes ask them to clean the toilet and wipe the floors but im pretty clean anyway. i think daily room service is too much.

i never eat in hotels since theres a hundred better places within 10 minutes of the hotel too.

if there was an option to get a cheaper hotel roo price without room service, i would jump at it straight away.

perhaps the solution is an airbnb but with a hotel room as accommodation.

• Like 1

On 9/10/2018 at 12:15 AM, Panhandler said:

I think I’d feel a little more awkward bringing a girl back to an airbnb.  I’m not exactly sure why that bothers me,bit does.  Any policies about guests coming back to an airbnb?

also some girls who havent met you before, arnt keen to go to a private residence for fear of their safety. thats why ive never stayed in airbnb despite the potential savings