New Hyatt Regency in Sukhumvit (Nana), guest friendly?

Hi All!

Planning a trip in Feb 2019 and I'm debating changing my usual hotel choice. I tend to go to either Aloft or Fraser Suites because of their Soi 11 location. I especially like Fraser suite for the size of the room, the balcony and having Above Eleven in the same building.

I've just seen the new Hyatt Regency popping up online with the official opening coming up this fall (Oct/Nov 2018). The hotel looks fantastic online, great room/pool and a nice location right on sukhumvit near the Nana bts stop. 140$ per night is a bit above what I usually pay but the fancy features might be worth it.

Are you guys looking into it as well? Are Hyatts in Bangkok usually GF? I sent an email but they didn't really answer my question about extra guest policy.

If any of you stay there in the coming month, please update me with their stance on that.

Thanks a lot!!

HOTEL WEBSITE

• Upvote 1

My experience with the better hotels is they do not bother you when walking in with a girl or even a couple of girls.

I have stayed at Sofitel, Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, The Westin, Aloft, Four Points and walked in with 1 or 2 girls and never questioned about it.

I also always book a room for 2 people as normally same price.

Only once have I been asked at check in was I having someone else join me or not and as I said I was unsure they just crossed 2 persons off the bit of paper they had and wrote 1.

Walked in with my regular girl later that day and all was fine.

I would expect Hyatt to be the same, was considering it for December trip and will take another look at cost per night ; Well, looks like bookings only available from Dec 31 onward.

Edited by mrfreeze
  • Upvote 1