Songkran

I've not booked anything yet but my current plans are to arrive in Bangkok April 14th and get a hotel near to Nana which should be a fun Songkran if there are water fights between different bars.

Now as this is the Thai new Year should I expect that there will be fewer girls around?  

Edited by Downandup

I've not booked anything yet but my current plans are to arrive in Bangkok April 14th and get a hotel near to Nana which should be a fun Songkran if there are water fights between different bars.

Now as this is the Thai new Year should I expect that there will be fewer girls around?  

Songkran is fun round Nana I like watching the madness from the bars more than getting involved, Songkran in Bangkok is much more civilised than it is in Pattaya. There will be fewer girls though, some of them go home to celebrate it with family and of the ones that remain some will be out drinking and throwing water around during the day and out of action by night time, there will still be plenty of girls around though so don't worry.

I plan on arriving in Bangkok on April 16th. I realize it’s a couple of days after the Songkran celebration in Bangkok.

I’ve never participated in Songkran before.

My plan is to stay in Bangkok for a couple of nights before heading to Pattaya on the 18th for a couple of weeks. Option is to skip Bangkok and head straight to Pattaya.

I hope the P4p scene will be good in Bangkok right after Songkran.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks.

I did Pattaya last year at the end of March so this time around I thought I'd mostly do Bangkok along Sukumvit Rd and finish with a few days in Pattaya to ensure that I miss out on very little.

And as long as there are girls around I'll be fine.

Edited by Downandup

• 2 months later...

I got info from a trusted friend about market and shops resume from 16th April onwards and there may be some water gun fights on the road even during 16th and 17th as hangover of songkran.

Official holidays are till 15th April and after that it is regular affair as usual for bangkok and Pattaya.

Sent from my SM-A710F using Tapatalk