Sunday Market? where and what time

Guys,

I am back to BKK tommorrow and only have a few days.. Since i have lived in thailand over a year now, this will be my last few days in country... I stayed in chaing mai so long, that i dont know BKK much... I am looking for the biggest baddest cheapest market for gifts and such.. As i want to fill a goody bag full of some kewl stuff for my house in the states.... I always read about BKK markets, but havent really been to any.. So looking for the best one to go to.. I just need a name, as i have a few female freinds who will be more than willing to go with me.... I want the stupid little lights, bullshit novelties to rremind me of LOS and of course, various nick nacks for family presents.

Thanks guys

Tex

Chatuchak market is on every weekend it's massive so should be able to find what you want there, not sure what it's like for value for money as it's a tourist trap but guess its ok if you know how to haggle. For electrical items though I'd just head to MBK they've got all sorts of shite in this place though they've clamped down on fake goods in here so not as much as there once was.

Chatuchak market is on every weekend it's massive so should be able to find what you want there, not sure what it's like for value for money as it's a tourist trap but guess its ok if you know how to haggle. For electrical items though I'd just head to MBK they've got all sorts of shite in this place though they've clamped down on fake goods in here so not as much as there once was.

I agree. Head to Chatuchak markets (Mo Chit BTS) first - it's huge and you will find pretty much everything there x10, plus a while lot more stuff you never thought of. It will take you hours to get through it. And MBK is good for anything electronic, plus other stuff that you may have forgotten.

Edit to add: If you find yourself in Terminal 21, I did find some unique little jewellery and trinket places/stalls there (level 3 or 4?) where I bought some nice but reasonably priced ear rings, bracelets and the like.

Edited by MidniteM

Yeah, Chatuchak's great. Everyone should go there once. Repeat visits reap diminishing returns I find.

it's a good place for chatting up single tourist birds wandering around on their own too. I've had two notable successes there, on separate occasions. A cute Aussie backpacker and a very gorgeous Taiwanese chick. Bumped into both at Chatuchak and both were on the end of my cock a few hours later. Hang round the little stalls that sell coffee and beer. You can't lose.

Have fun.

Tom Tit  :blink:

• Upvote 1