Best street food

SOI NANA - There is a selection of various street food stalls along Sukhumvit Soi 4 or the world famous "Soi Nana." It is located amid the heart of the nightlife action in the Big Mango near the BTS Nana Station. Along with the street food, you will find plenty of bars to wash it all down the hatch!  :D

Sukhumvit-Scene-40.jpg

Bangkok-rainy-season.jpg

STUMBLE & SOI NANA (17-08-2017) 007.jpg

Sukhumvit-Scene-18.jpg

Sukhumvit-Scene-21.jpg

Soi-Nana-Bangkok.jpg

Edited by Dave The Rave

• 3 weeks later...

It seems a waste to travel to a place and not try the local food. And I don't mean in the high end restaurants I mean local. The best chicken I ever had was street fried chicken in India where I saw the guy pull the chicken out of the hot grease then just grab it with his hands and toss some dry seasoning on it that made it amazing. He must have no more feeling in his palms but the food was great. Not to mention street side samosas for 2 rupees. 

Absolutely agree - part of the enjoyment of traveling is to try all the local foods, especially street vendors.

A good friend of mine just won‘t have any of that - he‘s a Brit, and he lives on a diet of Heineken, Fish and Chips, Pork Chops and Bangers & Mash.... any efforts to get him to even try Thai food results in a rejection „because it‘s not Fish & Chips“.

He does, though, allow himself to drink Singha Beer and Beer Lao, because „... it‘s close enough to a Heinie...“

[emoji849]

Absolutely agree - part of the enjoyment of traveling is to try all the local foods, especially street vendors.

A good friend of mine just won‘t have any of that - he‘s a Brit, and he lives on a diet of Heineken, Fish and Chips, Pork Chops and Bangers & Mash.... any efforts to get him to even try Thai food results in a rejection „because it‘s not Fish & Chips“.

He does, though, allow himself to drink Singha Beer and Beer Lao, because „... it‘s close enough to a Heinie...“

[emoji849]

What a fucking waste.

Used to be plenty of stalls on Soi 1, especially further down away from Sukhumvit road

Sorry. That should read Soi 11

Yep was always the best, but suspect they are pushing these street vendors away.  Some still down near the construction sites when I was there last time. Soi 11 street food vendors, gone but not forgotten.  RIP

[emoji849]

Ha, fish and chips are terrible. There's absolutely no seasoning on the fish or in the batter they fry it up in. It takes a strong ale just to get it down your throught. You'd think it's impossible to make seafood dry and bland but the Brits have perfected it.

The Phrom Phong BTS exit leading to Soi 24/1 has a huge selection of good street food.

I'm also partial to the Kha Moo stand that pops up near Otto on Soi 22, as well as the ones across from Queen's Park Plaza.

The area of Silom and Saladaeng also had a good variety.