New forum member here.

Aussie who has been mongering for 10 years in Thailand with wife - headed back to BKK for a few days in early May for work.

This trip will be a few firsts for me:

- first time without the wife (although I have secured permission to barfine as long as the safety/quality is kept high!)

- first time in May (rainy season?) - have only ever been Nov - Jan in peak season

- first time I'm there for work (usually just holiday)

- have had a couple of years off - last trip was October 2017 and got cut short when sadly the King passed away and Bangkok immediately shut down

Bit weird as I'm not sure I've got the confidence to walk into a gogo or a bar without the "wingwoman" I married . . . but she seems to think I'll get over it once the heat and humidity hits me.

Bunch of questions for the regulars / recent visitors:

1.  Is May a bad time of year to go? Rainy season? Does BKK flood in May or does that happen later in the year?

2.  Are there less girls @ Cowboy and Nana because there are less punters? Or is it just a different mix of tourists?

3.  Shark Bar has provided the majority of my experience - with more then a few repeat barfines for some of the stunners (best one being Nid? Nidh? who I've seen multiple times over the years).  Any changes to the scene over the last two years?

4.  Eden club . . . is it the only "PSE" brothel? Seems like one of the safer places to try something new

5.  Haven't seen anything on the forum about the Czech Trendy club - been there once many years ago rumour is it is on the work trip itinerary - anyone have recent experience?

6.  Never been to Thermae but sounds like a freelancer gig (and I'm a 6 foot 2 farang so don't do well in places japanese business men tend to "dominate").  Worth spending some time in or stick to Nana and Cowboy?

Appreciate any guidance.

I always like to go in may it's a bit more cloudy but no rain . Rainy season starts June/July . Have some drinks before you go in a Gogo the girls are plenty.

Eden club i never went but what I read here it's full on but you can also try the soi 24/26 massage places.

Thermea is not my scene I like the beer bars always good fun with some lady drinks

Just go to Nana and soi 4 and go look around something will turn up

Haven't booked everything yet but looks like landing on the 7th (peak out traffic from Suvarnabhumi . . . BTS time I guess) and leaving late on 10th.  

Just a lightning trip for a few days - but enough to get into some trouble.

Looks like I’ve a work trip to Singapore finishing on 18th May so current plan is to fly to Phnom Penh on 19th for 2 nights (first time to Cambodia) and then BKK for 3 nights from 21st. It’s actually my birthday on 22nd May so it could work our well ????

• 2 weeks later...