• 2 months later...

Fork and spoon unless you have noodles. ‘Tis the way.

Yep the Thai's have this totally right. In the UK I'm now the guy asking for a spoon in Indian restaurants :lol:  

• 10 months later...

I have been eating at various south east asian restaurants and faced many people staring at me for asking a fork and spoon. But i never mind and continue the way i am comfortable with. My Japanese friend can even pick single rice grain with his chopsticks. But now i am seriously inspired to use the chopsticks.
[emoji482][emoji106][emoji481]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Champ said:

I have been eating at various south east asian restaurants and faced many people staring at me for asking a fork and spoon. But i never mind and continue the way i am comfortable with. My Japanese friend can even pick single rice grain with his chopsticks. But now i am seriously inspired to use the chopsticks.
emoji482.pngemoji106.pngemoji481.png

It is just practice. Chopstick for noodles and spoon for rice. I actually find it weird trying to eat noodles without chopsticks now.

Edited by Herbby

It is just practice. Chopstick for noodles and spoon for rice. I actually find it weird trying to eat noodles without chopsticks now.

I have taken lunch at small Thai restaurants or general eating places and love other unique ways. They keep lots of spoons and forks in a glass on the dining table. Water-mug, ice cubes, straws are provides separately and you have to mix it by yourself. This is very unique in Thailand.

[emoji106][emoji16][emoji3]