Comfortable Hotel

Gentlemen, I will be in BKK for three nights in May.  Usually when I go it's for business so I'm not to fussed about where to say.  But, this time is a bit different.  I am looking for a comfortable place -- close proximity to Nana and Cowboy...good aircon...guest friendly....no raised eyebrows no matter the creature(s) I'm seen with.....in the $150 / night range (wouldn't mind a little less, but would rather not go over that if I can avoid it).  Recommendations? Landmark? other?  I know there are some threads here that address it, but I didn't see anything recent.  Appreciate the help.  

There are many comfortable hotels within your allotted budget of 150.00 USD(?) .  The Aloft on Soi 11 is located central to Cowboy / Nana - all little closer to Cowboy, but Soi 11 itself is a destination so you get that as a bonus.  Soi 11 is home to some decent to upscale restaurants and doesn't have the "monger-vibe" of Cowboy and Nana.  Don't get me wrong, The Aloft is home to Levels Club, and Soi 11 has Insanity, Sugar, and may other popular night spots - just not gogo bars.  I also like Hillary 3 on Soi 11.  There is also Soi 7/1 nearby which has mini-mongering on a small alley, but I just like to people watch for a bit there before I start my night.  Aloft will be well under 150.00 /night.  I wrote an extensive review comparing it to other places, but for your budget and stated requirements I would recommend it. 

Have a great time.  - TGS

Landmark is great, in my opinion. Very close to Nana and not too far from Cowboy.

I like Four Points by Sheraton on Soi 15 as well. Closer to Cowboy but an easy walk to Nana as well.

I've stayed at both more than once and really can't choose one over the other. Both are very guest-friendly. You can either leave your friends ID at reception when bringing them upstairs or not. Up to you.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Gentlemen, I will be in BKK for three nights in May.  Usually when I go it's for business so I'm not to fussed about where to say.  But, this time is a bit different.  I am looking for a comfortable place -- close proximity to Nana and Cowboy...good aircon...guest friendly....no raised eyebrows no matter the creature(s) I'm seen with.....in the $150 / night range (wouldn't mind a little less, but would rather not go over that if I can avoid it).  Recommendations? Landmark? other?  I know there are some threads here that address it, but I didn't see anything recent.  Appreciate the help.  

Me same same you: used to stay at Nana hotel (yes, I know... :wacko: ) if it was just a boozy full-on mongering trip, somewhere a bit nicer (Sukhumvit Solo Soi 2 Hotel was good (but eyebrows raised if more than one takeaway gal on your arm when you stagger in), Aloft on Soi 11 was very good (though I never brought back a bird to there)) if it was business and me paying.

But I stayed at Landmark last trip (February 2019: see Trip Report) and it was brilliant. Highly recommended: great room, great service, no eyebrows raised, no problems at all.

Have fun.

Tom Tit  :blink:

Edited by Tom Tit

Landmark is great, in my opinion. Very close to Nana and not too far from Cowboy.

I like Four Points by Sheraton on Soi 15 as well. Closer to Cowboy but an easy walk to Nana as well.

I've stayed at both more than once and really can't choose one over the other. Both are very guest-friendly. You can either leave your friends ID at reception when bringing them upstairs or not. Up to you.

Stayed at the Four Points last year and enjoyed my stay.  Small hotel with top notch service.  I did bring in gogo girls from Cowboy without any issue, but it is a small lobby, so if you are sheepish about these kinds of things, know that you will be noticed.  As I remember there is a 24x7 door man who says nothing, but you have to be comfortable with your mongering.  I checked the rates there not long ago and the going rate was closer to 200.00 USD per night.  If you decide to go with Four Points, there is a Hooters just outside the lobby, if you find that enjoyable.  

Four Points tip:  To avoid marching the girl(s) through the lobby you can use your room key to enter through a "secret" back gate which bring you into the hotel through a rock garden / smoking area.  Once in the rock garden, you open the interior door to the back of the lobby near the elevators.  Can exit the girls the same way.  The gate is located off of Soi 17 just behind the hotel.  Very convenient and slightly faster to Cowboy.  

- TGS

ice

I stayed at The Citrus Suites last visit and really liked it. It’s a 4 star hotel and feels it.

The one I stayed in was in between Soi 4 & 6 and just a few mins walk from Nana Plaza. Booked the biggest room I could - the Grand Suite - which was massive 60sqm separate lounge / kitchen and bath & shower and big comfy king size bed. The girls were impressed! All for less than £80 a night (US$100?) which included breakfast. Also has a rooftop pool.

Completely girl friendly and most importantly the WiFi was probably the fastest I’ve ever seen in BKK!

Edited by Rocky Rockstar

Stayed at the Four Points last year and enjoyed my stay. Small hotel with top notch service. I did bring in gogo girls from Cowboy without any issue, but it is a small lobby, so if you are sheepish about these kinds of things, know that you will be noticed. As I remember there is a 24x7 door man who says nothing, but you have to be comfortable with your mongering. I checked the rates there not long ago and the going rate was closer to 200.00 USD per night. If you decide to go with Four Points, there is a Hooters just outside the lobby, if you find that enjoyable.

Four Points tip: To avoid marching the girl(s) through the lobby you can use your room key to enter through a "secret" back gate which bring you into the hotel through a rock garden / smoking area. Once in the rock garden, you open the interior door to the back of the lobby near the elevators. Can exit the girls the same way. The gate is located off of Soi 17 just behind the hotel. Very convenient and slightly faster to Cowboy.

- TGS

ice

$200 per night - ouch! Their prices do tend to fluctuate though.

Good point about the secret entrance off of Soi 17. It's also convenient to use when visiting Terminal 21 and other places in that direction.