Comfortable Hotel

I'm not sure why many of you seem concerned about sneaking past the lobby. Unless you're bringing back someone too drunk to walk or a whole party of 3+ ladies, they won't care. Even in those cases, they might not care much either. 

There are probably over 100 hotels in that general area and most meet your general needs, and $150 a night is far more than what you'd need for a clean room with good air conditioning.  My biggest complaint with the hotels I've stayed at is slow elevators (i.e. Majestic Grande on Soi 2 and Solitaire on Soi 11). Very few hotels would not be guest friendly.

I did stay at the Landmark about 10+ years ago. It's apparently been remodeled since, was being remodeled when I stayed. Room was kinda old and tired looking at the time, but was discounted heavily, and since remodel probably cost twice as much. But was still clean with reliable air conditioning. It included free breakfast and the food was fantastic, best breakfast buffet I can remember.  I've also been to the pub in the basement and remember it having very good food, although a bit pricey.

And, I've never stayed there, but rumor has it the Sheraton Grande is very nice, if you can find a room in your budget, that'd be my first choice (I'm just too cheap). Supposed to be very nice, connected walkways to Asoke BTS station...